East Colonnade

The Colonnade in 2008, looking west (White House - Pete Souza)

The Outside Corridor

Around the corner from the Garden Room, an enclosed colonnade runs the length of the east gallery, next to the Family Theater, towards the Visitors Foyer. This hallway was an open colonnade when it was constructed in 1902 along with the first East Wing. It was glassed-in when the East Wing was expanded in 1942.

More Images

The Colonnade in 2008, looking east (Daniel)

The Colonnade in 2008, looking west (morgancbarr)

The Colonnade in 2008, looking west (S. G. Brooks)

The Colonnade at Christmastime in 2006, looking west (Jwolfman83_16)

The Colonnade in 2004, looking east (Christopher Tolton)

The Colonnade at Christmastime, circa 2004

Betty Ford poses with past and present social secretaries in 1975 (NARA - Ford Library)

Mrs. Kennedy and the children, circa 1962 (Kennedy Library)

The corridor in 1962, looking east (Kennedy Library - Robert Knudsen)

The corridor in 1961, during repainting, looking east (Kennedy Library - Robert Knudsen)

The corridor in 1961, during repainting, looking west (Kennedy Library - Robert Knudsen)

Colonnade in 1948, looking west (Truman Library)

Colonnade, around 1916, looking west (Wilson Library - Underwoode & Underwood)